Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FINALLY created an Artist Statement


Artist Statement


Sewing is my sanctuary it brings me peace and makes me whole.  I am free and in my element when in my Sewing and Craft Salon.

As a lifelong athlete, sewing was the furthest thing from my mind until I become a mother for the first time. Using skills my mother tried so desperately to get me to love I started to create what I could not find in the stores. The visions that were in my head came to life and what an amazing feeling that was and still is. I started to offer custom work and I now give their visions life. It brings me such tremendous joy to do that for others and see them enjoy and cherish my finished products. My mediums and skills are forever expanding and I will try to breathe life in to any vision that someone may have.

Courtney Kalley
www.kalicocrafts.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment